Moorish pork skewers consist of a stick with spicy meat. In our recipe we use pork, although you can prepare them with lamb, beef or chicken. Prepare the marinade, grill de meat and enjoy a taste of Spain!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Saltpinchos morunos, Moorish pork skewers , tapas, skewers
- 3 tsp paprika
- 3 dried cayenne chillies
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- 500 g pork fillet
- Olive oil
- To prepare the marinade, mash the garlic using a pestle and mortar until it becomes a paste. Add one tsp of salt, the paprika, oregano and cayenne chillies and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water and stir thoroughly until you have a smooth paste.
- Cut pork fillet into 1-inch cubes. Place the meat in a bowl and add a drop of olive oil. Pour the marinade over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours. The longest you leave the meat to marinate, the tastiest it will be (up to 2 days).
- Thread the meat onto small wooden skewers. Grill on medium/high heat with a drop of olive oil. Cook for about 2-3minutes on each side. You can also bake for 10 to 15 minutes in oven instead of grilling.
- Don’t add the remaining marinade when frying it, as you would simmer the meat. Warm it and pour over the meat once it is cooked through.
- To serve, arrange in a serving dish.