Summer red wine is one of the summer essentials in Spain. This refreshing cocktail is similar to sangria, but it is easier to prepare. Tinto de verano is typically prepared with gaseosa (a Spanish lightly sweetened colorless soda), but you can add any lemon-lime soda (such as 7-up or Sprite) instead. Do not hesitate and try this refreshing and tasty beverage in a summer day!
- ½ l (2 cups) red wine (see serving suggestion below)
- ½ l (2 cups) lemon-lime soda
- lemon slices
- a drizzle of Red Martini (optional)
- In a pitcher, put the ice cubes and lemon slices.
- In the same pitcher, pour the same amount of red wine and soda.
- If desired, add a drizzle of Red Martini.
- Serve immediately.