Asparagus are full of health benefits. Asparagus are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and also diuretic. They are also beneficial for your immune system. On top of that, many studies have revealed that they help to fight diseases such as cancer and heart diseases.
There are different kinds of asparagus. Both white asparagus and wild asparagus are a popular ingredient in Spanish cuisine, used as part of a dish or simply salted and grilled. One typical Spanish recipe is revuelto, scrambled eggs with a wide variety of ingredients mixed into the eggs. Since asparagus and eggs make a perfect match, many revuelto recipes use asparagus. Below we propose some easy recipes to prepare scrambled eggs with wild asparagus and ham or shrimps:
- 250 g/ ½ lb wild asparagusasparagus, ham, shrimp, scrambled egg, revuelto
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 200 g/7 oz ham cubes or 200 g/7 oz shrimp, peeled
- Salt and parsley to taste
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp paprika
- Rinse asparagus in cold water and cut off the woody ends. Cut stalks into pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Pour 4 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and heat on low. When hot, add the garlic and sauté. Add the asparagus and let them brown slowly.
- Add the ham. Sauté and season with salt and parsley. If you are using shrimp instead of ham, add the shrimp, sauté and season with salt and parsley.
- Sauté, stirring constantly, until the asparagus are cooked through (asparagus are cooked when they are tender). You can add a little of water to prevent burning.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the paprika and mix well. Pour in the frying pan with asparagus and garlic. Stir thoroughly and sauté until the eggs are cooked. Check the revuelto and adjust salt.
- To serve, slide the revuelto out of the pan onto a serving plate.