Patatas bravas are a common Spanish tapa dish. It consists of potatoes with a spicy, tomato sauce. They are delicious, and the spicy touch of the sauce lives up to its name (bravas means “fierce”). You don’t have to leave your kitchen to enjoy this dish, it is easily prepared and the ingredients are cheap and easy to find.
- 18 oz potatoes
- Salt to tastepatatas bravas, potatoes
- Black pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- 11 oz tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and drain off the water. Then peel and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. When hot, stir in the potatoes and fry for about ten minutes. Once the potatoes are fried, remove the potatoes using a spatula and set them aside to drain. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and heat on medium heat. Pour tomato sauce into the pan and fry for about 3 minutes. Add the mustard and stir thoroughly. Then add tabasco and paprika. Mix everything thoroughly.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little water. You can also add more tabasco for a spicier sauce.
- To serve, place the potatoes on a serving plate and pour the sauce over them. Serve warm or cold with cocktail sticks.