consist of fried potatoes topped with scrambled eggs and serrano ham or sautéed chorizo. This dish is just as simple as delicious, and it is extremely simple! Broken Eggs are so much more than eggs and potatoes. If you don’t believe it, you only have to try them!
- 1/2 large onion (yellow or white), peeled and chopped
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut
- 450 ml/ 2 cups olive oil, for frying
- Salt to taste
- 100 g/4 oz chorizo sausage or 100 g/4 oz serrano ham, sliced
- 5 eggs
- Peel and chop half of an onion. Pour 3 Tbsp of olive oil in a small frying pan. When hot, add the chopped onion and sauté until soft and transparent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into long thin strips. Heat 1 ¾ cups of olive oil in a large, deep frying pan on medium heat. When hot, add the potatoes and season with salt. Fry, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Divide onto 4 warm plates.
- #With chorizo
- While the potatoes are frying, cut the chorizo sausage into slices. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a small frying pan and sauté the chorizo. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs, then fry in the pan where you sautéed the chorizo. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on top of the fried potatoes. Season with salt.
- Sprinkle the sautéed chorizo and onions over the eggs.
- #With serrano ham
- If using serrano ham instead of chorizo, cut the ham into pieces. You don’t have to cook it. Scramble the eggs and fry in a small frying pan. Remove, place over the potatoes and season with salt. Then simply sprinkle the serrano ham pieces over the eggs