Pan tumaca is a traditional Spanish recipe typical from Catalonia. It’s a simple dish, a piece of toast with grated tomato. Pan tumaca is perfect to eat as a tapa, for breakfast or even as a snack because it’s incredibly healthy, quick and easy to prepare -and delicious, of course.
- Bread, sliced
- Tomato, grated
- Olive oil
- Serrano ham (optional)
- Cut a big slice of bread. If desired, toast it in the toaster.
- Cut a clove of garlic in half, remove the root and rub it onto your piece of toast.
- Wash a tomato and cut it in half, then rub over the slice of bread. You can also grate some cheese and pour it over the bread.
- Season the grated tomato with salt and drizzle olive oil.
- You can place a slice of serrano ham on top of the tomato, it tastes delicious together!