A delicious combination of two of the finest Spanish ingredients, seafood and serrano ham. It’s an incredible tapa in which the strong and salty flavor of the serrano ham goes perfectly with the sweetness of the prawn. This dish is really easy and quick, which proves that Spanish cuisine is within everyone’s reach.
1 lb prawns, peeled
½ tsp paprika (sweet or smoked)
2 tbsp olive oil
75 g/ 3 oz serrano ham, sliced
- In a bowl, place the prawns and add the paprika and olive oil. Mix gently.
- Cut the serrano ham slices into three strips.
- Take one prawn and wrap it with one strip of ham, from the top to the tail. Thread the meat onto a skewer so that the ham doesn’t separate from the prawn. Repeat the process until all prawns are covered.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in sauté pan on medium-high heat. When hot, gently add the prawns. Fry 2-3 minutes per side, until they turn from opaque to white. As they fry, the serrano ham will shrink.
- To serve, arrange the prawns in a serving dish.
Incoming search terms:
- how to thread serano ham onto breadsticks