There are a lot of Spanish recipes for cooking fish, but this is a very simple way to do it and it is really delicious, besides being healthy and low-calorie. For this recipe, you can use different types of fish, such as cod and hake, for example.
Spanish style baked fish
- 600 g/ 1½ lb fish fillets
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh black pepper, ground
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 green pepper, in rings
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons (cut into slices, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the fish into 6 serving portions.
- Arrange the pieces into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Put the green pepper rings and tomato and onion slices on the fish.
- Crush the garlic.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil and crushed garlic.
- Pour the previous mixture over fish and cover.
- Bake in oven at 375°F for 15 minutes. Then, uncover it and cook (10-15minutes more) until fish flakes easily. You can use a fork to check if it is cooked.
- Cut the lemons into 6 wedges and serve the fish with them.
- Serve hot.
- You can serve it with salad.