is a garlic and mayonnaise sauce. It is also called aioli. This sauce is perfect to accompany meat dishes or simply to eat with potatoes as a tapa.
4 cloves of garlic
2 egg yolks
Salt to taste
1 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Serves 4 (12 oz)
- Peel and chop the garlic. Chop the garlic very finely. Alternatively, you may smash the garlic into a paste using a small mortar and pestle. It will be easier if you have a garlic press.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites and into a bowl. Add ½ tsp of salt and the garlic.
- To blend, whisk using hand mixer on low speed. With your other hand slowly pour the olive oil in a very stream into the bowl. Whisk constantly, you must not stop while you are pouring the oil. Otherwise, the emulsion will split.
- Whisk until the sauce is creamy. Add the fresh lemon juice slowly and continue whisking to keep the sauce smooth.
- Taste the sauce. If desired, add more salt or garlic.
- To serve, transfer the sauce to a bowl or pour it over potatoes.
Incoming search terms:
- spanish garlic aioli