Fresh mushrooms sautéed with olive oil, garlic and wine.
Garlic mushrooms (Setas al Ajillo) 2
- 1 lb mushrooms (such as cremini or white mushrooms), sliced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry sherry or white wine
- Salt to taste
- Wash the mushrooms under running cold water to remove any dirt. Dry and slice.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium heat. When hot, stir in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute so that the garlic doesn’t turn brown.
- Increase the heat to high and add sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally, sauté for 5-6 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Pour white wine into the pan and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes. Mushrooms will shrink and darken and wine will be largely reduced. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add salt to taste and serve hot.