Nachos are a Mexican dish, usually served as a snack, consisting of tortilla chips (or totopos) covered with melted cheese. There are a lot of different ingredients that can be added as toppings, such as bacon, black beans, chili con queso, chili con carne, cilantro, ground beef, shredded chicken, carne asada, chorizo, corned beef, garlic, guacamole, jalapeños, lettuce, lime, nacho cheese, Oaxaca cheese (or simply shredded cheese), olives, onions, pepperoni, pickles, pico de gallo, pinto beans, refried beans, salsa, sour cream, and tomatoes.
Here you have a basic recipe to prepare nachos, but feel free to add any ingredient you want:
150-200 g/5-7 oz chicken breast (if you are using any other meat, note that you should get about 1 cup shredded chicken/diced carnitas/carne asada)
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
⅔ cup shredded cheddar/mozzarella/Oaxaca/Monterrey Jack cheese
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup guacamole
½ cup refried beans/whole black beans, drained
1 small tomato, seeded and diced
½ cup green onions, chopped
black olives, sliced
½ white/red onion, sliced
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven (if you are using microwave, skip this step).
- In a pan, add the olive oil, heat over medium heat and fry the meat until cooked and slightly brown.
- Set aside.
- Shred the chicken or dice the carnitas (depending on what you are using).
- Heat refried beans over low heat.
- Place half of the tortilla chips on an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the tortilla chips, until covered.
- Then add the remaining tortilla chips and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Put in the oven for 5 minutes (you can also use microwave), until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and add the beans.
- Add the shredded or diced meat.
- Add guacamole and sour cream.
- Sprinkle on tomato, olives, onions and jalapeño.
Incoming search terms:
- mexican nachos
- are nachos mexican or spanish?
- mexican nachos recipes
- spanish nachos recipe