Chicken thighs can be prepared in a wide range of ways. However, the following Spanish-style recipe is a delicious way to taste and savor the traditional Spanish flavors. Besides, this stew is perfect for fall and winter seasons, so do not hesitate to try this cozy dish.
Spanish style chicken thighs recipe
- 3 red onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (800 g/28 oz) Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 can (425 g/15 oz) garbanzo beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 potato, cubed
- 4 chicken thighs
- 100 g/4 oz Spanish chorizo, casing removed, sliced
- Chop onions and garlic cloves.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and water.
- Season to taste with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Chop carrots and dice the potato and stir in.
- Put chicken skin-side up on top of the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked and tender, for about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Remove chicken from the stew. Set aside.
- Slice the chorizo.
- Add the chorizo.
- Pour the stew into a glass baking dish.
- Put the chicken on top, skin-side up again.
- Bake in the oven until the chicken skin is crispy, for about 15 minutes.