Ah, Thanksgiving is quickly approaching right around the corner. Are you excited about this holiday season as it approaches? You will be dining with most of your family and friends this Thanksgiving holiday. For Keto dieters, we provide some healthy alternative dinner sides you can prepare that everyone should enjoy. Besides, a change in the menu can be a blessing. It’s good to mix things up and to try these items for this one time.
For keto dieters, you can alter a few side recipes that will go well with the big turkey than is the thanksgiving tradition. We could not find a good keto-friendly mashed potatoes recipe, but we have some other goodies for you. There are so many keto-friendly recipes you can try, but if you put the creativity in them, these recipes can be done quickly, and fun to prepare before everyone is ready to dine. If you don’t have enough time taken, we suggest to check out Meal Fan for meal delivery service, and recipe ideas.
Holiday time, each year can be hard for her, when he or she is on the keto diet, but the good news is that he can still eat low-carb foods without the guilt. She can make these keto thanksgiving side dishes ahead of time. We have a hand-select number of Keto friendly items that we have proven and tested from grandma’s kitchen.
1. Keto Pumpkin Pie Is A Thanksgiving Classic
Everyone knows that Thanksgiving is not complete without a good old pumpkin pie. A Keto pumpkin pie is low in carbs by using ingredients that are keto-friendly. With this Keto recipe, you will not tell the difference compared to a regular pumpkin pie. For once you will have a guilty free thanksgiving as you will be able to eat pumpkin pie without being guilty. This might be the first holiday season where you will not gain weight. That is the problem with the holiday season as you tend to eat a lot more than you can consume.
Use 1 9-inch almond flour pie crust
The pumpkin pie filling includes:
• 2/3 to 1 cup golden erythritol
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• pinch ground cloves
• 3 eggs
• 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
• 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Just use a nine-inch pie pan.
2. Thoroughly blend in a small mixing bowl, the erythritol, salt, and spices. Put aside.
3. Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add in the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and continue to beat until thoroughly combined. Mix in the sweetener and spices.
4. Place the pie pan on a baking tray and cover the edges with aluminum foil. Pour in the pumpkin puree filling and bake uncovered for one hour. Add a toothpick inserted 2-inches from the edges should come out barely moist, and the center should still be almost firm.
5. Allow the pie to cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate after completely cooled.
2. Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Is A Tasty Favorite
You will want to make this recipe on this keto thanksgiving, the Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus for your guests. All your guest is going to ask how did you come up with this recipe? How did you find out about this deliciousness? It will be one of their favorite recipes and they will be asking you to make it for every family holiday. Beware, all family gatherings you are going to have to make this dish now. The real secret about this item is that it is not difficult to cook.
Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus only uses three ingredients. Yes, can you believe it? Three magical ingredients to make this awesomeness. This is a great way to have your veggies. They look wonderful and the taste will be sensational.
• 1 pound asparagus
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 6-8 thin slices of prosciutto
• black pepper
1. Wash and pat the asparagus dry with a paper towel.
2. Cut the prosciutto into thin slices
3. Cut the thick ends off the stalks of the asparagus and throw out the ends.
4. Roll the asparagus in olive oil, then sprinkle with the black pepper.
5. Wrap each spear with a thin slice of prosciutto.
6. Spray your grill pan with cooking spray and place all of them evenly in a row, leaving room for each.
7. When ready, place the pan of asparagus on the grill.
8. They only take about three to four minutes to cook but flip each stalk for the same time. They will be golden-brown to the look before they are ready to eat.
Meal Delivery Kits is the easiest way to choose between different meal deliveries when there is not enough time to prepare dishes for him.
3. Sauteed Garlic and Parmesan Mushrooms
It is no secret that when she makes this side dish; it doesn’t contain a lot of bad ingredients, and most importantly it contains no sugar. You cook these mushrooms till they’re tender with spices, and add some cheese to the top of it. We strongly believe that these will be a hit and will rival the asparagus as the most popular item in the house. They’re too tasty to pass up and even the little ones will love them.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 4 minced garlic cloves
• 10 oz white mushrooms washed and sliced thinly
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• parsley for garnish (optional)
Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms to skillet and saute for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mushrooms cook on both sides. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
When the mushrooms are cooked, saute for eight minutes. Remove from heat and add gently with the Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley if you want.
Keep Served Warm!
Give Your Thanksgiving a Tasty Twist Using Keto Side Dishes!!