The Spanish coast can boast about the quality of its fish and seafood, especially the northern and northwestern regions. There are lots of recipes, ways of cooking, sauces… Below, we suggest a recipe with a couple of the best sea products, hake and clams, cooked in a tasty sauce that enhances their flavor. Easy and simply delicious.
- 200 g/7 oz clams
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 cup white wine
- 150 ml/ 2/3 cup warm fish broth
- Salt to taste
- 8 raw hake slices
- Place the clams in water in a large bowl filled with 1 liter of water and a handful of salt. Leave for 2 hours, then remove from water and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion. Pour 4 tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan and heat. When hot, stir in the chopped garlic and onion and sauté until tender.
- Add the flour and stir until it dissolves in the olive oil. Toss in the parsley. Keep stirring and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Then pour the warm fish broth into the saucepan. Season with salt and cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Season the hake slices with salt. Add to the saucepan when the sauce is more or less thick. Cook each side of the hake for 4 minutes while gently shaking the saucepan (to thicken the sauce).
- Add the clams while gently shaking the saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes or until the clams open. Then remove from the heat.
- Serve two hake slices per dish and pour the green sauce over them. Serve hot.