This healthy sauce is commonly used to accompany meat dishes in Spain. Do not hesitate to try it yourself at home, but note that its flavor may be really strong. It is similar to some gravies served in other European countries, but this is a traditional recipe to prepare this Spanish-style sauce:
1 medium onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 leak, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ cup dark beef broth
1 glass white wine
2-3 tbsp all-purpose flour
salt to taste
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a frying pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry lightly.
- Meanwhile, chop the carrot, leek and green pepper and then add the chopped vegetables to the pan with the onion.
- Season with salt.
- Sauté for 5 minutes over high heat until they are lightly brown, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the flour into the vegetables and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the white wine and stir.
- Gradually, add the dark beef broth.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- With a food processor, blend the vegetables until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour through a sieve to remove any lump.
- Serve warm to accompany meat.
Incoming search terms:
- salsa espanola
- What is espamola sauce