This spicy tomato sauce is a traditional salsa used mainly to prepare patatas bravas, a Spanish common tapa dish. However, it can be used in other dishes too for a flavor boost. Besides, this recipe is really easy to prepare and ingredients are easy to find, so do not hesitate to try it yourself at home!
- black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g/11 oz tomato sauce
- 1 ½ tsp mustard
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and heat on medium heat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the mustard and stir thoroughly.
- Then add Tabasco and paprika and mix everything thoroughly.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little water. You can also add more Tabasco for a spicier sauce.
- If you are using this sauce to prepare patatas bravas, place the fried potatoes (see the patatas bravas recipe) on a serving plate and pour the sauce over them. Serve warm or cold with cocktail sticks. You can also use it to accompany other dishes, such as mussels, for example.