This spicy tomato sauce is a traditional salsa used mainly to prepare patatas bravas, a Spanish common tapa dish. However, it can be used in other dishes too for a flavor boost. Besides, this recipe is really easy to prepare and ingredients are easy to find, so do not hesitate to try it yourself at home!
1-2 tbsp olive oil
300 g/11 oz tomato sauce
1 ½ tsp mustard
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and heat on medium heat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the mustard and stir thoroughly.
- Then add Tabasco and paprika and mix everything thoroughly.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little water. You can also add more Tabasco for a spicier sauce.
- If you are using this sauce to prepare patatas bravas, place the fried potatoes (see the patatas bravas recipe) on a serving plate and pour the sauce over them. Serve warm or cold with cocktail sticks. You can also use it to accompany other dishes, such as mussels, for example.
Incoming search terms:
- salsa brava recipw