Chicken thighs can be prepared in a wide range of ways. However, the following Spanish-style recipe is a delicious way to taste and savor the traditional Spanish flavors. Besides, this stew is perfect for fall and winter seasons, so do not hesitate to try this cozy dish.
3 red onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 can (800 g/28 oz) Italian plum tomatoes
1 can (425 g/15 oz) garbanzo beans
2 cups water
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
1 potato, cubed
4 chicken thighs
100 g/4 oz Spanish chorizo, casing removed, sliced
- Chop onions and garlic cloves.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and water.
- Season to taste with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Chop carrots and dice the potato and stir in.
- Put chicken skin-side up on top of the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked and tender, for about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Remove chicken from the stew. Set aside.
- Slice the chorizo.
- Add the chorizo.
- Pour the stew into a glass baking dish.
- Put the chicken on top, skin-side up again.
- Bake in the oven until the chicken skin is crispy, for about 15 minutes.
Incoming search terms:
- spanish style chicken thighs
- chicken thighs spanish style