Filetes rusos are similar to a regular hamburger steak. In fact, many people call them Spanish hamburgers. They are really easy to make, you just have to add some onion, garlic and breadcrumbs to prepare the best hamburger steaks, very juicy and tasty.
- 500 g ground beefsteak, ground beef, hamburger
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped and peeled
- ½ onion, chopped and peeled
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Plain flour or breadcrumbs, to coat
- Olive oil
- Place the ground meat in a large mixing bowl. Peel and finely chop the cloves of garlic and half of the onion. Add the garlic, onion, parsley and 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs to the bowl. If you don’t like raw onion, you can fry it before adding it to the bowl.
- Beat the egg and pour into the bowl. Season with salt and knead until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Using your hands, make balls with the mixture. Smash the balls using your palm to make them thinner. You can choose the size and thickness, but if you make them too big, it will take longer to cook them.
- Put some flour or breadcrumbs in a wide dish and dip the steaks until they are well coated.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and heat on high. When hot, fry the steaks. Once they are cooked, remove using a slotted spoon. Drain on kitchen paper to absorb the oil.
- Serve hot with salad, French fries or sautéed vegetables, and sauces like alioli.