Risotto is a typical Italian dish. However, its main ingredient is rice, which is the basic ingredient of paella too (whether it is seafood, Valencian or mixed), so this dish also has a good reception is Spain. As a result, you can find a lot of risottos in Spain with different ingredients, but the mushroom risotto is one of the most common ones.
This is an easy recipe to prepare a delicious mushroom risotto:
1,5 l (6 cups) chicken stock
600 g (21 oz) portobello or crimini mushrooms
a splash olive oil
30 g (1 oz) butter
400 g (2 cups) arborio rice (or similar short-grain rice)
1 glass white wine
50 g (2 oz) parmesan cheese, grated
ground black pepper
- In a pan, pour the chicken stock and heat over high heat (keep the stock boiling while you are preparing the risotto).
- Chop the onion.
- In another pan, add the olive oil and heat over medium.
- Add the onion and fry lightly.
- Chop the mushrooms and add them to the onion pan. Season with salt and pepper. Fry the mixture until the mushrooms are lightly brown and onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Add the white wine, stirring continuously, and cook for 10 minutes, until the rice have absorbed almost all the wine.
- Add the hot stock, one ladleful at a time. Do not add more stock until the previous ladleful is almost totally absorbed.
- The rice should be cooked in 20-25 minutes, but you can taste and check it occasionally to see if it has the right texture.
- Add half the grated parmesan cheese and the butter and stir well.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with more grated cheese on top.
Incoming search terms:
- spanish rissotto recipe