combines chicken with garlic and sherry or white wine. Basil and black pepper enhance the flavor of the chicken breasts, whereas sherry allows for a delicious sauce. The flavor of the garlic mixes perfectly, creating a delicious dish. Follow these easy 5 steps to prepare this tasty, healthy chicken dish.
4 chicken breasts (2 1/2 lbs), boneless, skinless
Basil (preferably fresh)
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup dry sherry or 1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth (optional)
- Slice the chicken breasts to approximately 1/3 to 1/2-inch thick. It is also possible to cut them into chunks. Season generously with salt, pepper and basil and set aside.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves.
- In a large frying pan, pour in the oil and heat on medium. Stir in the garlic and sauté until golden brown. Remove the garlic from pan so that they won’t get burn.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and increase the heat to high. Fry until both sides turn golden brown.
- Place the garlic back on the pan and pour in the sherry. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and add the cup of broth if more sauce is desired. Cover the pan and let it simmer. Flip the chicken pieces occasionally. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is very tender. Serve hot with chips, rice or salad.