Grilled salmon with zucchini and Romesco sauce
This is an easy and healthy recipe of grilled salmon with zucchini and Romesco sauce, which is a typical sauce from Catalonia, Spain. It is made basically of nuts and red pepper and it is a perfect accompaniment for this tasty fish.
1 300 g/12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained (8 oz drained) or 2 roasted peppers
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2-3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
⅓ cup almonds
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
600 g/1 ½ lb salmon fillets, cut into 6 fillets
2 medium sized zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- Preheat grill/grill pan to medium heat.
- In a blender or food processor, combine peppers, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, almonds, paprika, salt and pepper until you have a smooth mix. Set aside.
- Moist salmon and zucchini with olive oil (using an oil mister, for example).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill salmon and zucchini for 3-4 minutes on each side, until salmon is cooked and zucchini is tender (turn them once).
- Put the salmon and zucchini into a serving plate.
- Pour the Romesco sauce (prepared in step 2) over top of it and serve (1 salmon fillet with sauce per person).
Incoming search terms:
- spanish grilled salmon recipe