Cod is one of the specialties on the Spanish coast, especially in the north of Spain. We have a wide variety of cod recipes. To start with, we propose this easy recipe to get in touch with the healthiest and tastiest Spanish cuisine.
600 g cod
4 medium potatoes
¼ green pepper
¼ red pepper
1 ½ onion
2 cloves of garlic (optional)
½ cup white wine
Note: If it’s salt cod, it’s necessary to leach out the salt before cooking. To do it, soak the cod in water for 48 hours, and change the water at least 3 times. Remove the fish from the water and dry. Remove the scales and bones and clean well with a cloth.
- Peel the potatoes, wash and pat dry. Cut into thin slices.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and heat. Fry the potatoes until golden brown but not cooked through (approx.10 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the meanwhile, wash and cut the peppers into thin slices. Once the potatoes are removed, add the pepper to the pan. Sauté until tender for 8-10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic (if desired). Once the pepper is removed, add to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt.
- Place a layer of potatoes on an ovenproof dish. Place half of the sautéed vegetables on top of the potatoes. Place another potato layer and the rest of the vegetables on top. Pour in the wine.
- Bake on the oven at 180 ºC for 25 minutes.
- Put flour in a plate and dip the cod until well coated. Fry in the pan until golden brown, then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- In a bowl, put 5 tbsp of oil and the paprika and stir until well mixed.
- Place the fried cod slices on top of the vegetables with the skin upwards. Pour the oil with paprika over the cod.
- Bake at 180 ºC for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cod slices.
- When the fish is cooked through, remove from the oven.
- To serve, sprinkle some fresh parsley and serve hot.
Incoming search terms:
- recipe spanish grilled cod