is the perfect cocktail for hot summer days. Refreshing and tasty, this traditional Spanish beverage has become increasingly popular worldwide. It consists of wine, chopped fruit and sugar, although it is also possible to add brandy and/or soda. It will take you only ten minutes to prepare sangria, enjoy the pleasure of getting carried by its taste.
3 tbsp sugar
75 ml hot water
1 l/ 0.26 gal red wine
2 lemons, divided
2 oranges, divided
1 shot brandy (optional)
1 can soda (optional)
- Dissolve the sugar in hot water to turn it into syrup.
- Pour the wine into a large jug and add the sugar syrup. Stir thoroughly.
- Make juice with one orange and one lemon and add to wine.
- Peel the apple, peaches, bananas and one of the oranges, and cut into dices. Slice the remaining lemon and orange. Remember you can use the fruits you prefer; there are as many different recipes as sangria lovers.
- Add all the fruit to the jug and mix everything together.
- If desired, stir in a shot of brandy.
- Let the sangria stand for 2 or 3 hours for best flavor.
- If you want a fizzy sangria, add one can of soda just before serving.
- Pour into glasses and serve over ice.